Mon-Thurs: 9:30am-9pm (evening hours vary), Fri: 9:30am-3pm
Insurance Accepted: Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United, Optum, MHN
Call for rates. Sliding scale available.
“I’d like to suggest an alternative success story — one where with each next step, the protagonist is closer to finding that spot where she’s no longer held back by her heart, and he explodes with talent, and her character blossoms, and the gift he has to offer the world is apparent.“
— Po Bronson, American author
Subscribe & stay informed about our upcoming events
With over 20 years of experience as a professional communicator, I have come to appreciate how the words we choose and the stories we tell have the power to transform relationships. My role is to help you become both a good reader and coauthor of the narrative of your own life so that you can begin to rewrite old scripts that are getting in the way of becoming your true self and living your best life.
An eclectic therapist, I don’t believe in a one-size-fits all therapy. Instead, I take a highly personalized, authentic, and creative approach to problem-solving that is respectful of each person’s unique situation and strengths. This includes helping you marshal your innate ability to reclaim your personal narrative so that your life reflects your unique vision and values. I can also help you examine how your decisions, big and small, affect your storyline – from the relationships you choose, how you spend your day, and how you nourish yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Depending on who you are, what you want, and what you need, I can use many modalities, including Interal Family Systems (IFS), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), talk therapy, mindfulness, and spiritual/religious frameworks (I recently competed a one-year training program in IFS , hold a certificate in Social Work and Spiritual Care from NYU and am certified with the Association for Spirituality and Psychotherapy). I also enjoy helping people improve their relationship communication skills and get clarity about their career direction. My clients tell me they feel seen and accepted, and that my insights change their lives.
I work primarily with individuals over the age of 18. My areas of specialization include, but are not limited to:
- Helping people grow from major life transitions such as graduation, divorce, job change/loss, retirement, empty nesting, relocation, loss of intimate relationships through death or other circumstances
- Communication skills to cultivate healthy relationships
- Resolving conflicts between religious/spiritual beliefs and lifestyle/family
- Liberation from codependency
- Using the Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory and the Enneagram as a guide for optimum career and lifestyle choices
- Techniques for managing relationships at home and work
- Resolving work-related issues such as fear of success/failure, lack of recognition, setting career goals
- Overcoming creative blocks, shame and fear
- Coming to understand and reinterpret difficult life stories
- Support for individuals with a mentally ill family member
- Grief and bereavement
- Spirituality as a force of inspiration and healing
My office is located on the Upper West Side just a few short blocks from the 1 train. Since psychotherapy is a major investment of time, energy, trust, hopefulness, and money, I offer a free, 15-minute phone consultation to accommodate the complex needs of new patients exploring their readiness to begin psychotherapy with me. I can be reached at 646-410-2151.