Step Out of Your Story Returns for Third Run at NY Open Center
Tuesdays, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m., June 6 – June 27, 2017 (4 weeks)
Every life is an unfolding story, a unique, dynamic, sacred story that is open to interpretation, especially our own. Yet few of us take time to figure out what our story is about, who is writing our script, why we’ve selected our chosen roles, or how the challenges that we face can ultimately push us to become happier, more fully developed characters.
Discover a series of structured writing exercises designed to help people who feel stuck – in a dead-end job, a challenging relationship, or stage of life – get a fresh perspective on a familiar story….their own. Participants will imagine themselves as the heroes of their own works in progress with the power to interpret, transform, and reclaim their personal narratives through choice and voice.
Using research-inspired tools and techniques that help us get an elevated view of our story, we will:
- Envision how we want the current chapter of our life story to unfold;
- Explore our character arc, identifying the ways we seek to stretch and grow
- Dialogue with our strengths and “talk back” to the voices that get in our way
- Reframe challenging plotlines as opportunities to grow into our potential
- Weave the current chapter of our lives into a meaningful narrative that values the subtle, often unrecognized personal victories that build character – facing a fear, changing an attitude, or kicking a bad habit.
This class is designed for novices and habitual writers alike. Basic literacy and a sense of adventure is all that’s required. Register here.
SCENES FROM BOOK SIGNING, November 8, 2015 @ Books & Books, Coral Gables, FL